
12:09 about 12 hours to go till the wash and spin cycle. I think I over dosed on news today. At this point it is academic. There are a bunch of people with no gas in their cars so it is just time to hunker down in place. Maybe a bike ride in the am.
I have Hector and 1 of 2 cats staying with me tonight. I went was on my way to Dad's to help board up windows at 3 or so and this 77 year old man came and asked the way to San Marcos. Also he was out of gas and his 2 cats were near heat exaustion. So I brought him back to the house. One of the cats was so freaked that it jumped out of the car. Then started to climb into the engine compartment. It meowed really bad when it hit the hot exaust manifold. Then it ran and jumped into the storm sewer.
I pulled the covers and saw it once and have not seen it since. Hector had been on the freeway since 4 am this morning and is asleep now.
My neigbor and I were outside chatting for 45 minutes and only one car went by. There is a eerie quiet over the hood.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home